Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pics!

Introducing our long-awaited daughter













Today has been exhausting on so many levels. So much has happened. So many tears have been shed. So much joy. So much sorrow. My heart overflows and breaks simultaneously. It's all so surreal.

Tomorrow is a big day for signing papers. Once that happens, I'll breathe a little easier. I can't fathom how or from where our birthmother will derive her strength to do what she needs to do. Sarah is so beautiful. Truly takes my breath away. But she doesn't feel at all like she's our yet. I feel like a visitor. We have yet to spend any one-on-one time alone with her. The room has been filled (understandably) all day with visitors. The family has been so wonderful, supportive and genuinely happy for us. It's incredible. But still...I am on the edge of my seat waiting for this part to be over.

20 comments:

Chasing said...

What a cutie! Congrats! Hope all goes super smoothly tomorrow!

Karey said...

She's BEAUTIFUL!!! That little face!! Wow, what great pictures. And I love her name. LOVE that you used Faustina.

Praying all goes well and God is with everyone involved.

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations! Praying for things to go smoothly tomorrow.

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Beautiful name!! And, she is gorgeous. I can't stop looking at that picture with her brothers! She is stunning.

I will pray that this hard part is over soon, and that you all have peace deep in your souls. I can't imagine all the emotions, both your family and b-mom's family.

... said...

Oh my! What a a beautiful little girl! She is precious!

mrsblondies said...

She's so beautiful! I hope tomorrow goes very smoothly. Praying for all of you.

Grace in my Heart said...

Oh she is just darling! I love her! She is so sweet!

I keep thinking about how this is a totally different type of adoption experience for you. I will be praying for you until those papers are signed and little Sarah is yours forever! The boys look so excited! Love it!

Thankful said...

She is so beautiful!!! Praying that the rest of the process goes smoothly.

Unknown said...

She is beautiful! I love the picture of her brother's holding her for the first time. I'm praying for you!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! I LOVE these pictures and the update. I'm praying so hard!!! We're headed to the hospital now to meet our son...pictures soon!!!

I know we've just web-met and I don't know you, but I love you, sister!!! You are in my heart and prayers!!!

WheelbarrowRider said...

She is beautiful and I LOVE the name! This will all be over soon and you can relax. You look so proud and her big brothers...she is one lucky girl! My son said he wanted a baby when he saw her pic! :)

T said...

She is so beautiful!!
I will keep the birthmom and your family in my prayers today.

Joy Complete said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful! Everyone looks so happy. I am praying that everything goes smoothly today and will pray for the birth family.

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

She is gorgeous!!

Can't wait until you can breathe a little easier and have her all to yourself :) Prayers being offered for the bmom right now, and of course for your family.

Brit said...

Oh my goodness, what an incredibly gorgeous baby girl you have there!! Congratulations again - praying for you over the next steps in the journey!!

Meg @ True, Good and Beautiful said...

Beautiful! Congratulations!!

Amazing Life said...

A beautiful name for a beautiful girl! Congratulations ;)

I am praying that the next hours go well and I will pray everyone so that all will go smoothly and done with great love!!!

Anonymous said...

she is gorgeous!

some how, some way, some day said...

Oh, she is just beautiful! And I love her name!

doctorgianna said...

Beautiful name and beautiful child! I pray that everything works out the way God intends!