Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me, but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." ...for when I am weak, then I am strong. I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. 2 Corinthians 12:8-9
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
On LIFE and its champions
I've missed the March for Life for the past 3 years even though I live less than an hour from the National Mall. We've taken the kids plenty of times: we'd just bundle them up, then wrap them in blankets and tuck them into the stroller. They'd sleep, they'd suck on their bottles and were generally quite portable in those early days.
The last few years have been harder though for some reason. Changing a diaper on the go is much easier than fighting the massive crowd to stand in line at a port-o-pot. (Having boys in this regard is somewhat easier--I'll leave you to your imagine here.) Not to mention the cold...and all the standing they now have to endure. Invariably one of them has been recently ill. This year we have an infant and DH was not able to take the day off work. I chickened out.
And so yesterday we dropped off our out-of-town guests/marchers at the Metro and I drove my 3 blessings back home and watched the EWTN coverage from the warmth of our home while sipping hot cocoa.
Believe me, the irony was not lost on me.
Here I was with my three children...all of whom were the result of a crisis pregnancy. All of their birthmothers could have procured an abortion but chose life instead for these, my greatest treasures. And here we were snuggled up together on the couch watching this multitude of marchers braving the cold, marching on our nation's capital, demanding the right to life of these defenseless little ones. My children were not long ago among the voiceless and vulnerable.
So to all those who marched in our place yesterday, thank you! To all birthmothers who choose life for their unborn, thank you! To all who work for the pro-life cause, thank you!
And next year, I hope to march alongside you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Beautiful!
i watched it on ewtn too....hence my obama chant pic h was holding. ;) i cant wait to go again!!
ps. I love the ring sling!!!!! hannah loves it too!! i can almost get 3 hour naps out of her in it!! amazing!! its the fussy baby saver! thank u so much!
LOVE this picture!
I hope I'll be able to join you too!
Post a Comment