Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me, but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." ...for when I am weak, then I am strong. I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. 2 Corinthians 12:8-9
I love this picture!! Since I have two brown babies I am always surprised when I look at us together in pictures...I just look so white! So often I forget we are not the same color.
I know. My kids turn 6 shades darker in the summer especially--it's only then that I even notice it anymore. Well, that and the fact that my 6yo made reference the other day to someone he saw who was "my color". :)
Thanks for your comment on my blog! Were you in Yosemite this past June? Isn't it so amazing? It was pretty crowded and hot, but so worth it for the beautiful views.
Where are you in MD? I will be in MD September. You can email me if you want or you don't have to tell me where you are! hahahaha! I just never knew you were in MD.
I am trying to email you about the dog traning stuff. It's amazing. You can watch episodes of It's the Dog or Me on the animal channel. Her new shoes are on Saturday nights at 9. I can't believe it works. You don't use the word no and when your dog is doing something you like you praise him. etc....
It's hard to explain. At first I was afraid for my dog to become a treat whore, but I am so happy that it works that I don't even care. :)
Like one trainer said, you don't work for free so your dog shouldn't either. makes sense, treats are his pay check.
He is responding well and she has a trick to get the to stop barking at non sense. I am still working on that and a few other things because he is very stubborn in some areas.
When he gets riled up is trying to get on the sofa, I close my eyes and cross my arms and within seconds my dog gets down and goes and plays. If you don't pay attention to bad behavior they will stop doing it. hahaha Isn't that crazy! I love it!!
Sew--thanks for the tips. I am really struggling with patience with her. She's 9mos old and STILL is having accidents in the house despite the fact we are pottying her as soon as she is let out of the crate. Argh. That and she chews chews chews through everything. Still! We have to keep a constant eye on her when she's loose in the house still. How long does a puppy stay a puppy? When will she just lay down on her little bed by the fireplace and become that docile lap dog I always wanted???
5 comments:
I love this picture!! Since I have two brown babies I am always surprised when I look at us together in pictures...I just look so white! So often I forget we are not the same color.
I know. My kids turn 6 shades darker in the summer especially--it's only then that I even notice it anymore. Well, that and the fact that my 6yo made reference the other day to someone he saw who was "my color". :)
Thanks for your comment on my blog! Were you in Yosemite this past June? Isn't it so amazing? It was pretty crowded and hot, but so worth it for the beautiful views.
Where are you in MD? I will be in MD September. You can email me if you want or you don't have to tell me where you are! hahahaha! I just never knew you were in MD.
I am trying to email you about the dog traning stuff. It's amazing. You can watch episodes of It's the Dog or Me on the animal channel. Her new shoes are on Saturday nights at 9. I can't believe it works. You don't use the word no and when your dog is doing something you like you praise him. etc....
It's hard to explain. At first I was afraid for my dog to become a treat whore, but I am so happy that it works that I don't even care. :)
Like one trainer said, you don't work for free so your dog shouldn't either. makes sense, treats are his pay check.
He is responding well and she has a trick to get the to stop barking at non sense. I am still working on that and a few other things because he is very stubborn in some areas.
When he gets riled up is trying to get on the sofa, I close my eyes and cross my arms and within seconds my dog gets down and goes and plays. If you don't pay attention to bad behavior they will stop doing it. hahaha Isn't that crazy! I love it!!
I also love this picture!!
J29:11--yep! We were there in June!
Sew--thanks for the tips. I am really struggling with patience with her. She's 9mos old and STILL is having accidents in the house despite the fact we are pottying her as soon as she is let out of the crate. Argh. That and she chews chews chews through everything. Still! We have to keep a constant eye on her when she's loose in the house still. How long does a puppy stay a puppy? When will she just lay down on her little bed by the fireplace and become that docile lap dog I always wanted???
Post a Comment