Saturday, November 22, 2008

Surgery

Surgery went well...Dr. H came out to talk with Mr. Mike about his findings while I was in recovery. He operated for two hours and said he found more endo, scattered all over and lasered it all off. Selective HSG was done...tubes were clear but one had "debris" in it that he flushed out with the dye. He did a biopsy of some part of my uterus that looks like could possibly be a latent infection. Mr. Mike said Dr. H was more impressed with that than the endo. He also accidentally nicked an artery while he was lasering off some endo and had to clamp it...so I now have a permanent implant.

I spent most of yesterday sleeping off the anesthetic. Nausea was beautifully controled this time by a scopolamine patch. I'm just sore and stiff today and my shoulders ache a little from the gases they used to inflate my adominal cavity. But my incisions look good and I really feel pretty darned good and was even able to shuffle my way to Mass this morning.

I find out the biopsy results on Tuesday at my follow-up appt. I'm getting a little anxious about my follicle that continues to grow (today it was 2.4cms--nice, healthy, mature size) but has yet to rupture. I'm on CD 16 today and I'm set to leave on Tuesday after my appt with Dr. H. I hope this follicle behaves and ruptures before I need to leave, otherwise I have to change my flights and may not be home for Thanksgiving. I'm sure I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I just wanna go home.

No comments: