Friday, March 28, 2014

Introducing (new baby, new blog)

Our 'little flower'






and for those not on FB, a little added surprise which was made official this past week...


...her 'twin'
...our third son
...and fifth child

The nannies at the orphanage call him "Chairman"
...because he resembles Chairman Mao


Not biological twins but we are calling them our Chinese twins because they are the same age, born just a day apart.

We are out of our heads.

It will be another 5-6 months before we can travel. We are veterans of waiting but this will be the most trying exercise of patience to date. I beg your prayers as we must wait for these next few months tick by.


So girlfriends, all this means that I am officially nuts a momma-of-many. The infertile chick has her hands full and become the mother of FIVE. And I will be blessed with the twins I've always wanted but never dared to hope for. 

The Lord is kind and merciful...but I surely do not deserve this.

***Because this blog is more private by nature, we have created a new blog to chronicle our China adoption journey for friends and family. More details (and probably more frequently posting) will be found there: Enlarge They Tent

Please pray for us and these babies. Pray that we can have the graces necessary to parent them as they both have some special needs and are coming to us older than we've had any child join our family. Pray that they are being held and kissed and nurtured and loved until we can hop an Asia-bound flight. Because half of my heart is on the other side of the globe.

There names will soon be Marianna Therese and Joseph Michael.

Our very own Mary and Joseph.

My cup overflows.

17 comments:

k said...

Oh. my. goodness. My heart is pounding in my chest I am so excited and happy by this news! They are beautiful. Congratulations! Know of my prayers for you! I wish we lived next door so that I could help out!

How did baby #5 come about?!?!

Isaiah 55:8-9 said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is amazing! :) I saw on FB before Lent about one.... but .... TWO!!! How beautiful! Congratulations! I will be praying!!

Mrs. Mike said...

Thanks K! If you read the blog I linked to, the details of #5 are there. :)

Andrea said...

I have been a silent lurker for a while but today's post pushed me over the edge. In absolute glee for you all! :-D I am so delighted to see the hand of God moving you and moving this process along. What an amazing story each of your children has and what amazing parents you are!!

Kat said...

Ahhhh congratulations! Many many prayers for patience and peace coming toward y'all!

Sew said...

Can you even handle it???? I almost fell over!!!

Mrs. Mike said...

No...I can't. We are out of our heads!

Anonymous said...

Amazing news!!!!!

KC said...

So awesome!!!!! Congratulations! We almost picked Mariana for our little girls name! Marianna is beautiful and I like Joseph Michael too!!! So happy for your family!

Sew said...

Oh you are just so crazy and I love every single minute of it!

E said...

You let me know when you need help! We can come down for the day!!!! I'm over the moon excited for you all!!!!!!!!!

Irene Roe said...

This is wonderful! I weep in joy of your growing family. May good continue to bless you!

All in His Perfect Timing said...

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :-D
Prayers for you and your family and those sweet babies! What beautiful names!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Woo hoo!! What wonderful news!!

Kendra Tierney said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so happy for you!

LifeHopes said...

I am just THRILLED over here and stalking your blog now!! he he!!

Prayers for all!!

Unknown said...

T20 World cup 2016 Live Streaming
icc t20 wc live score
World T20 2016 Match Schedule
India vs Pakistan World T20 live score
India vs Australia t20 World Cup 2016 live score
Ipl T20 2016 Schedule
Budget Hotels in Delhi
Iindia vs South Africa T20 world Cup 2016 live
India vs West Indies world T20 Live Score
World T20 2016 Point Table
India vs Bangladesh World T20 Live Score
Live world T20 2016
India vs Pakistan
T20 World Cup 2016
T20 World Cup Point Table
T20 World Cup Final Match