...she liked us.
:)
When we arrived at the airport last night and checked in to get our rental car, the guy behind the counter asked us, "so are you here visit friends or family?" Mr. Mike just smiled and said, "neither...and possible both". He just got a blank stare from the guy as he handed us the keys.
The meeting exceeded my expectations. From the moment we walked through the door of their home, I was put at ease. The birthmother herself opened the door and greeted me warmly and her mother enveloped me in a huge hug. Her father and two siblings eagerly greeted us and we were chatting and laughing away before we knew what was happening.
And then her father addressed the obvious. It was clear that they have endured much pain and sorrow in recent months. But their faith is deep...and has been deepened as a result of this. It was clear that they were making the decision as a family.
Many hugs were given.
Many tears were shed.
This is a faith-filled family. I'm humbled to have broken bread with them at their family table. I am even more humbled that they have expressed such excitement about finding us.
God's fingerprints are all.over.this.
14 comments:
Oh, I'm so happy to hear this news! That is so wonderful she has such amazing family support. Wow, can you believe this is happening?! Yay, you're going to be a momma to a girl! :)
WONDERFUL!!!!!!! I'm so excited for your family. And how unselfish the birth mother is. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers.
Glad to hear it went well. How great that she has such strong family support.
I love it, only God could bring all of you together!! I don't know why I am in awe of God's goodness, but sometimes He suprises me and I love hearing about how God's fingerprints are all over the life of this little girl!!
It sounds like it couldn't have gone any better, that is so great to hear! God writes the most amazing stories when we stop trying to write them ourselves!
Holy moley! A home run! This is so very wonderful, for you, for the baby, and for the lovely family who put this baby's welfare above all else. God bless all involved.
I love it!! The Holy Spirit is definitely guiding everyone and it is awesome to watch. Prayers!
I'm so excited!!! Tis is awesome!!!
Ahhhh! I'm going crazy for you!! Keep us posted and I will keep praying.
Happy Mothers Day!!!
Wow! So excited for you!
High hopes for you and prayers for everyone involved!
Yeah! So glad it went well and was very natural. It seems like she is part of a really great family. Have a safe trip back and Happy Mother's Day!
Oh wow, I have been away from the blogs. I must say this brings tears of joy to my eyes!!
Oh I am praising God for this wonderful news for your family!!!
I will continue to keep this whole situation in my prayers ... cannot wait to see how it unfolds!!!
How wonderful. What a blessing. Continued prayers for all of you.
Post a Comment