Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The next step

St. Gianna is really moving.

Last night, after a week of no phone calls or word either way, we got a call confirming that the birthmother would indeed like to meet us. We are flying out to her state next Friday. Both she and her parents (who apparently completely support her decision) are anxious to meet us. As we are them.

How does one prepare to meet the woman who is likely carrying one's next child? I'm numb. Excitedly, terrifyingly numb. I am having trouble wrapping my head around it all.

PS... Will give more details then. Except maybe this...









It's a GIRL!!!!

16 comments:

Chasing said...

Wow! Super exciting! Hope it all goes well!

Kathryn said...

How exciting!! I want an invite!!

Sew said...

INVITE ME!!!!!! That is crazy!! I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing!!! Good luck! I'd love an invite :). russkysfm at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled for you! Our situations are very similar and you give me so much hope! I will email you for a blog invite.

Kelly, Mom to 2 boys through adoption

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

I still want to follow along@ k.alfermann at gmail dot com

Chasing said...

Oh, I forgot to leave my address. I would like to read too: kate m romero (at) gmail (dot) com

mrsblondies said...

Wonderful news! I emailed you for an invite.

Jeremiah 29:11 said...

Ohmygosh, a girl?? How exciting! Please invite me!

Grace in my Heart said...

YAY! I'm SO excited for you!!! And please send me an invite: graceinmyheart@gmail.com Also, we met with the birthmother with our first adoption attempt. I'd be happy to share with you what that was like...what an exciting time!

KC said...

Yay! Congrats! Very exciting news! I would love an Invite. mikekacyb at gmail dot com

KC said...

Whoops, I think I should use this email instead if that's ok. kcmarie122 at gmail dot com

Thanks!

Joy Complete said...

Wow! That is exciting. I will say some prayers for your trip. I would love to be invited to keep reading your blog: kglichten at yahoo dot com.

C said...

hello, first time commenter. I will be praying for you. I so remember the feelings. We did it twice. We brought pictures of our lives and families in a scrap book form. One thing I didn't realize the first time was how nervous she was as well. She wanted the baby to have a great home and thanked us over and over. I am sure your baby will be going to a great home as well.

Martha Long said...

My prayers are continuing for you! And... I would love an invitation!

Martha (Therese)(donnapastore at yahoo dot com)

Mrs. Mike said...

Thanks all for your kind thoughts and prayers. I am anxious to update and get my blog private (or possibly creating an alternate private blog altogether) but I've had ZERO time. I promise to work on that this weekend!