Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cookie Exchange

It's the most wonderful time of the year.



Each year, a dear friend of mine at our parish hosts a Christmas Cookie Exchange. Jayne is the most gracious of hostesses and her home is always warm and welcoming as she serves us a light soup supper followed by dessert of cookies made by each of the guests. It's the one night a year I look forward to almost more than any other because of the friendships, the fellowship, the conversation and well...it's just an opportunity to put on a nice dress and leave the diaper bag at home and just enjoy getting out with friends in a quiet atmosphere.


My contribution this year were these Linzer Cookies:



But my favorite cookies of last night were brought by my friend Candace, these Salty Chocolate Nutella Thumbprints.


These little chocolate gems are fudgey on the inside, coated in sea salt and are accented with just a small dollop of Nutella. Heavenly!

It was a late night...far later than I usually stay up, let alone stay out, but my tank has been filled and my spirits renewed by these wonderful ladies. 

And bringing home a plate full of cookies doesn't hurt of course either.

5 comments:

E said...

Oh so fun!!

I went to one last week, great fun, too!! I love any cookie with chocolate and salt. ummm.

Anonymous said...

So fun! I love that you have a group of girlfriends to get together with - I really miss that.

Julie said...

I have 2 cookie exchanges this week. YUM! Those chocolate nutella ones look great. The link doesn't work so could you let me know where you got the recipe...if you have it.

Mrs. Mike said...

The link should work now, sorry about that! It's from the Washington Post: http://projects.washingtonpost.com/recipes/2011/12/07/salty-chocolate-nutella-thumbprints/

Anonymous said...

[url=http://buy-methylprednisolone.webspawner.com/]methylprednisolone used for treating
[/url] methylprednisolone normal dosage
medrol multiple sclerosis
methylprednisolone 4 mg equivalent to prednisone